Saturday, July 10, 2010

..to setting GOALS...

...Say What?!...

My mind has been littered with thoughts, curiousity, and emotion, which is partially the reason for my lack of weekly blogs lately. How does one sort those thoughts out? Some would say exercise, others would say journaling or 'brain dumping'. Do you ever get so deep in your thoughts that you're virtually alone, even though you're surrounded by crowds of people? Many of my thoughts revolve around the goals that I have set for myself in my new journey.

I attended a seminar several weeks ago presented by Allison Lamar, (http://www.allisonlamarronline.com) former Mary Kay National Sales Director, who set several records in Mary Kay. I realize, as I have now heard her story several times, that it's not the accolades that she has received that have inspired me. What inspires me is Allison's frankness about the whole notion of how to set goals and actually achieve them. When we set a goal for ourselves sometimes we are short sighted and set a huge goal without any planning or idea of how to get to the end. You see, Allison gave up mediocrity for a dream life, she got there by setting goals and planning. In order to reach the destination she had in mind, she had to plan each stepping stone that would eventually help her to arrive in her final, desired destination.


Shouldn't this planning be the same for you and I? I have set goals for the month of August in my business, I am setting plans in place on a daily basis to reach those goals and eventually, my dream life. That's what I want for sure! I have set up daily goals to get to where I want to be in 1, 5, 10, and 20 years...my end is in mind! What's even greater about the goals that I have set, is that I am building my own character and strength, without even realizing it! Goals can change you and can change the lives of those around you, just ask my husband!

I am just now, in four years of living in Colorado, starting to feel like I am settled and beginning to belong to a part of something bigger than myself. It delights my heart, makes me feel giddy inside like a little girl who has just received her first pair of dance shoes. For the first time, in a long time, I can truly say that I love my work, because it doesn't feel like work. I get to be a part of my community through volunteer opportunities, take my kids to school and volunteer in their classrooms, take part in some of the activities I love, and be whom I believe, the woman God intended for me to be in the very beginning before I was even a twinkle in my parents' eyes. I am working hard, but I love it! All because I have set goals for myself, I have a direction, and something VERY specific to shoot for!


My encouragement for you this week: set some goals for yourself for tomorrow, this week, this month, the rest of the year! Your life will change. I can't wait to hear back from you to hear what goals you have set, how you're getting there, and when you finally arrive! Don't forget to give them a deadline!



Until then...



Believe in Yourself, Be Extraordinary, Dream Big.



You can do it!



Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment